Compliance Checkup for Health Reimbursement Arrangements
Latest Rules Including Health Care Reform
The importance of HRAs continues to increase as more and more employer-sponsored health plans incorporate consumer-driven health care into plan design. Whether you sponsor, administer, or provide advice regarding HRAs, join our experts in this 90-minute web seminar for help in understanding design options and assessing compliance with both new and old requirements.
Originally presented on March 16, 2011.
Here’s some of what was covered:
- How do the annual limit restrictions imposed by health care reform affect HRAs, and when might a waiver application be required? What about the new external review requirements and other health reform rules?
- What tax rules apply to HRAs, and what medical expenses and insurance premiums may be reimbursed?
- How and when can employer contributions be made, and are there contribution limits? Can unused vacation or sick pay be used? Can unused amounts be carried over?
- What compliance obligations are imposed by ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and other laws, including administrative impacts of Medicare Secondary Payer reporting?
- How do HRAs interact with health FSAs and HSAs? Can they coexist? Which HRA configuration fits which employer goals?
Speakers: John R. Hickman and John W. Haine. Mr. Hickman is an attorney and partner in charge of the health benefits practice with Alston & Bird in Atlanta and a Contributing Author of EBIA’s Health Care Reform, Cafeteria Plans, and Consumer-Driven Health Care manuals. Mr. Haine is an attorney and Senior Editor at EBIA. He is a Contributing Author and Editor of EBIA’s Consumer-Driven Health Care manual and EBIA’s Fringe Benefits manual.
Handouts: A handout of the seminar slides and other information is provided through download.
- Accessing the recorded web seminar: After you purchase a recorded web seminar, you will receive an email with access information. You and your co-workers (not clients or others, please) may then view the recording as many times as you wish for 60 days. An Internet connection is required to view the recording; it can be stopped and started as needed and has a table of contents for easy navigation.
- Recordings are accurate as of the date presented: Our recordings are accurate as of the presentation date of the live seminar. We supplement handout materials with articles from the EBIA Weekly covering significant later developments. You must check the table of contents at your access link for updates before viewing a recorded seminar.
- Please respect our copyright: Do not record the web seminar. Share the access link and materials only with those employed by your company (not clients or others, please). For details on our copyright policy, please visit our Copyright page.
System Requirements for Recorded Web Seminars
EBIA uses WebEx technology for the seminar. You may wish to view system requirements, test your system and download any necessary WebEx software here:
If you are not able to complete the WebEx installation, please contact WebEx technical support at (866) 863-3904.