Form 5500 for Health and Welfare Plans
Preparation and Filing Basics
Form 5500 failures can trigger some of the toughest penalties in benefits law, making careful compliance a must for plan sponsors, service providers, and advisors. In this 90-minute web seminar, our experts will walk you and your team through the Form 5500 for plan year 2011, highlighting the requirements for health and welfare plans and cutting through inapplicable pension/retirement rules.
Special Offer: Register for the web seminar and receive a discount code for 50% off the price of EBIA’s Form 5500 Workbook for Health and Welfare Plans. Find details about this publication here.
Originally presented on April 12, 2012.
Here’s some of what was covered:
- How the new electronic filing system is working plus filing deadlines and penalties for noncompliance.
- What plans must file, including exemptions for small, insured, and unfunded plans, and rules for determining how many filings are required.
- Completing the Form 5500 Main Body for all plan filers.
- Completing Schedule A for insured plans: when it is required, what information must be reported, and what to do if the insurer doesn’t provide necessary data.
- Completing Schedule C for service provider compensation: what plans must file and what kinds of compensation must be included.
- Overview of other Schedules possible for health and welfare plans
Speakers: Brigid Carroll Anderson and Deirdre C. Thomas. Ms. Anderson is an attorney and Director of Seminars at EBIA. Ms. Thomas is an attorney and Senior Editor at EBIA. Both are lead contributors of EBIA’s Form 5500 Workbook for Health and Welfare Plans.
Handouts: A handout of the seminar slides and other information is provided through download.
- Accessing the recorded web seminar: After you purchase a recorded web seminar, you will receive an email with access information. You and your co-workers (not clients or others, please) may then view the recording as many times as you wish for 60 days. An Internet connection is required to view the recording; it can be stopped and started as needed and has a table of contents for easy navigation.
- Recordings are accurate as of the date presented: Our recordings are accurate as of the presentation date of the live seminar. We supplement handout materials with articles from the EBIA Weekly covering significant later developments. You must check the table of contents at your access link for updates before viewing a recorded seminar.
- Please respect our copyright: Do not record the web seminar, share the access link, or duplicate materials. For details on our copyright policy, please visit our Copyright page.
System Requirements for Recorded Web Seminars
EBIA uses WebEx technology for the seminar. You may wish to view system requirements, test your system and download any necessary WebEx software here:
If you are not able to complete the WebEx installation, please contact WebEx technical support at (866) 863-3904.