Cafeteria Plan Election Changes
A Seminar Based on Your Scenarios
Just when you think you know the IRS election change rules, another novel change request comes along. We built our 90-minute web seminar around the most challenging election change requests submitted by our attendees. Our experts reviewed the election change rules and then applied them to real-life scenarios to help you fine-tune your cafeteria plan compliance.
Originally presented on February 16, 2012.
Order by Phone:
Order by Mail or Fax:
Here’s some of what was covered:
- What changes are permitted, and how does the consistency requirement work? What plan provisions are required? Has health care reform had any impact?
- How are the rules for health FSAs different from the rules for other benefits?
- What are the deadlines for requesting election changes? When do changes become effective, and can they ever be retroactive?
- How to handle special situations like furloughs or other leaves, and the impact of special enrollment rules.
- Practical application of the rules to real life scenarios.
Speakers: Jody L. Dietel and Susan R. Monkmeyer. Ms. Dietel is the Chief Compliance Officer for WageWorks, Inc., a third-party administrator with a nationwide client list. Ms. Monkmeyer is an attorney and Senior Editor at EBIA. She is the Editor and a Contributing Author of EBIA’s Cafeteria Plans manual.
Handouts: A handout of the seminar slides and other information is provided through download.
- Accessing the recorded web seminar: After you purchase a recorded web seminar, you will receive an email with access information. You and your co-workers (not clients or others, please) may then view the recording as many times as you wish for 60 days. An Internet connection is required to view the recording; it can be stopped and started as needed and has a table of contents for easy navigation.
- Recordings are accurate as of the date presented: Our recordings are accurate as of the presentation date of the live seminar. We supplement handout materials with articles from the EBIA Weekly covering significant later developments. You must check the table of contents at your access link for updates before viewing a recorded seminar.
- Please respect our copyright: Do not record the web seminar. Share the access link and materials only with those employed by your company (not clients or others, please). For details on our copyright policy, please visit our Copyright page.
System Requirements for Recorded Web Seminars
EBIA uses WebEx technology for the seminar. You may wish to view system requirements, test your system and download any necessary WebEx software here:
If you are not able to complete the WebEx installation, please contact WebEx technical support at (866) 863-3904.